Q: What sustains you?
Now that 2012 is here, it's a great time to reassess and make changes as needed. Here are my thoughts in no particular order on how to enhance your success and that of those around you. Happy New Year!
1. Create a personal mission statement
2. Create a personal growth plan
3. Create a list of your past or potential strategic alliances and take action
4. Exploit your niche markets
5. Call (do not tweet, text or email) your most treasured friends and wish them a happy new year
6. Call your most treasured family members and wish them a happy new year
7. Call your most treasured business connections and wish them a happy new year
8. Call your most treasured high school/college classmates and/or Greek (sorority/fraternity) connections and wish them a happy new year
9. Call your most treasured church or faith-based connections and wish them a happy new year
10. Review your 12 most successful career and business achievements and repeat
11. Donate/volunteer to 12 nonprofit or faith-based organizations
12. Create or update a will, a living will and a durable power of attorney
About the Author:
Regina L. Burns, M.A., Project+, is an award-winning multimedia editor and journalist, specializing in Black history and African American stories at Harvest Reapers Communications. Her work has been published in Texas Highways magazine, WFAA-TV, The Dallas Morning News, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram as well as The Commercial Appeal, the Tri-State Defender and The Flyer, among others.